The HaskellerZ meetup group has been around since 2011. After organising many meetups and events, in particular ZuriHac, which attracts people from all over the world, there was a need to formalise our group a bit more.
In the short term, this allows us to work together better with sponsors for ZuriHac. In the long term, however, we would like to guarantee the long-time success of a Zurich-based Haskell interest group, not dependent on one or two key volunteers.
The rules are set up so that we encourage non-monetary contributions (e.g. giving a talk). Of course, membership is optional and not required to attend any of our events.
For members, we ask a yearly contribution of either:
Thursday 26 April, 19:00
Juri organizes the second installment of Bring Your Own Coding Problem.
Everybody is encouraged to submit a small problem that can be solved in an hour or less. We will then work on them together in groups of 2 or 3, ideally pairing up different skill levels.
# What to do before the meetup:
1. Please write a short description of your Problem and an approximate required skill level in the shared document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/17smDFHMO_K8wXPpwvHY8Nf4SA4zcFm-_T9Vcx0xcTvI/edit?usp=sharing
If you can already provide some boilerplate to a problem, then feel free to set up a git repo and link to it in the description.
Vote on the problems here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G_YVTxaeMv0hiEegS0y1qLwRwQ2ma1soG0qGSya8e1Y/edit?usp=sharing
2. Bring your laptop and some working Haskell environment. If you're a beginner, we suggest installing stack: https://www.haskellstack.org/.
3. If possible, bring your own internet access.
4. All levels of experience are welcome.
5. We plan to solve problems for about 2 hours and whoever wants can join us for a beer in Alehouse afterwards.
Our main yearly event is the organisation of ZuriHac, a yearly Haskell Hackathon that attracts over 300 attendees. It is probably one of the oldest and definitely the largest Haskell Hackathon currently in existence.
The first ZuriHac was organised in 2010 at the Zürich Google office by Johan Tibell and Christophe Poucet. Currently, we are organising it at the Hochschule für Technik Rapperswil with the help of many Zürich Friends of Haskell members and volunteers.
We try to record all of our meetups and keynotes so Friends of Haskell who are not in the Zürich area can enjoy the content as well.
This playlist contains all our Haskell-related videos.
We have also collected the slides of the presentations in this repository. Unfortunately, the collection is currently incomplete.
The board of the Zürich Friends of Haskell association currently consists of: